Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Blue Ombre Explosion

 My bedroom is an explosion of blues and eating utensils. I think I have at least 6 hot glue burns on my foot. Also, I walked into the gym last night with blue confetti in my ear. We're a hot mess, and I don't think I want to see another shade of blue for a good long while. Waving the white flag.
 I've caught myself actually considering recycling all of this and decorating Austin's room a bit. Sort of like a party year round, yeah?? I've also just considered selling it on Etsy as a bulk package. One too many hot glue burns to just throw all of this hard work away. Pom Poms, paper banners, and mustaches on a stick going once, twice...?
Despite my burns and minor mortification when the trainer pointed out my blue glittery ear, planning Austin's first birthday party has been so much fun. Choosing colors, food, flavors, and decorations has been a blast... and I really hope we can pull it all together for his big day to make the room look like a blue ombre wonderland! 
Next year I'm thinking this birthday party thing will go down a bit more simply. A low key day in the park with some baby friends. But this year, it's a damn party.

And a little party never killed nobody.

1 comment:

  1. OMG it is going to be so cute!!!!! Can't wait to see pictures from the big day! And everyone knows your first bday party has to be a big blowout (even if baby has no idea what is going on lol)

    ReplyDelete