Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Baby Bump

This is it- the final week of Austin's first year of life! This time last year I was shuffling  wobbling  basically transporting myself by any means possible on my short breath and ballooned feet. That may or may not have consisted of rolling around on a computer chair and begging Duke to bring me another glass of water. I am so glad I was able to greet this New Year as a proud mommy and with 45 less pounds. I will never again take for granted being able to zip my winter boots...

This week leading up to Austin's big day, I have put together a series of posts recognizing the little birthday prince as we are getting ready to celebrate his FIRST birthday!

I really wish I had blogged throughout my entire pregnancy, or any of it for that matter. What a great thing to go back to and show the babe when he is all grown. So, here I am, blogging about my pregnancy a year after giving birth. 


Due Date: January 14, 2013
Birthday: January 19, 2013
Names: Girl- Savannah / Boys- Noah or Austin
Total Weight Gain: 50+. Shameful.
Sickness: No pregnancy sickness, ever! Just a nasty cold that lingered for 5 weeks throughout our Texas trip. Boo.




Throughout my entire pregnancy I was tossing back ice chips like no one's business. Duke and I would consume 6 or 7 cups of ice in 2 hours flat. Bam. More please.  I even became a regular at The Loop restaurant just to chow down on their perfectly sculpted and textured ice cubes. Other than the ice, I didn't have too many cravings. One day it was apples, another it was Peppermint Bark ice cream.


I had four baby showers- I was so incredibly lucky to have so many supportive friends and family in so many different cities! Oh, and Austin's nursery wasn't finished until about a month before he was born.  Mom of the year over here. (Oh, am I going to pop out a baby in a month? Do I need a nursery for that?) And by finished, I mean slapped some paint on the walls. We never actually finished it, per se. It was just a generic Babies-R-Us Nautical themed room. I'm not disappointed with how it turned out, I just wish I had gotten more creative.

This was in the old apartment. I hope to get more creative in his new room.


Austin's due date came and passed. Little rascal was still packing his bags for the big day!
Check back for Austin's birth story! 

2 comments:

  1. You are the MOST ADORABLE pregnant lady! So sweet! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! Can't wait to see YOUR baby bump... soon... right??

      Delete