Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Walking Around the Christmas Tree

The holiday season brought Austin a pair of walking legs! All I wanted for Christmas was some walking feet? Wish granted! (The two front teeth [plus a few extras] took up residence a few months back.) Austin began taking up to four or five steps on his own during our visit to Texas, which you can read about here and here. It wasn't until a solid week after we had been home that he really began to get the hang of it. We were Facetiming Great Grandma Peach when he all of a sudden went completely ballistic and walked clear across the room. A good 10 steps. He was wild, walking-almost running- around the room squealing with delight and smiling from ear to ear. A complete show off.  I have been taking videos like crazy! It's the silliest thing to watch this short little human follow you around the house on two legs. I can't get enough.  
He's pretty skilled in short to medium distances, and can sometimes pull off an entire condo walk through, one end to the other. Okay, it's a small place- but, nevertheless, my kid is walking across our home! Does this mean I can take him to Disney now?

Thank goodness Austin is not getting into any more mischief than usual with his newfound height. For the most part, he is a great listener and understands "no". If I told you that he has never completely ignored my command, smirked, and went about his merry way, I'd be lying. Last week he bit me. He bit me with his brand spanking new razor blade baby chompers. On purpose. There was no food involved, unless you count my arm. He walked over to me, looked me straight in the eyes with the sassiest look I have ever seen, and bit me.  Do not underestimate the attitude or bite of a baby. Just don't.
Well folks, I hope I don't need to remind you what tonight is. The stockings have been hung by the chimney china cabinet with care, Austin's nestled all snug in his bed, and he's having sweet visions of sugar-plums... or, you know, biting my arm. Probably the latter.

Goodnight, friends! And Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment