Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

National Lilly Day!

Today is kind of a big deal. First (official) day of summer... Tropical Smoothie's National Flip Flop Day... my parents' 27th anniversary... and something many of you may or may not have heard of, National Wear Your Lilly Day.
Go read all about Lilly's story here. Bottom line, it has been my absolute favorite clothing line for the past 5 years, and will be for many years to come. LP's dresses look good on little girls (they carry children's clothing) as well as women well into their (later) years. My mom may have more Lilly than I do... which really does work out in my favor while I am still trying to lose the rest of my baby weight.
 It's a way of life- the way you feel wearing one... it seriously just makes me want to go order a drink on the beach just thinking about it. It's the perfect resort dress.The bright and festive colors just scream care free and happy.
A new line is launched every season. I'm going to be honest and say that I usually don't care for the fall prints. But every year, the spring and summer lines make up for it. Big time.
These are a few of my favorite prints from the past couple of years. The top left print, Let's Cha Cha, is currently available now on their website.
My parents actually went on a mini vacation this weekend for their anniversary, and I got this via text message this morning. Well done, mom.

Shirt from last summer's line and wristlet in spring's Chomp Chomp print

And because this is a baby (and company) blog...
Austin sporting daddy's Lilly tie in the State of Mind print

Daddy likes it, too. Despite what he will tell you.
Juan and Duke Easter 2012

2 comments:

  1. Way cute stuff! But wow!! Way expensive! Iv never heard of them before !!
    Mamaplusmini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very expensive! They have a summer/end of summer sale on their website around July or August. Some Dillards and Belks carry Lilly and have a sales rack 30 to 50 percent off! :)

      Delete