Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Siete de Mayo

So like I so excitedly mentioned the other day, Mexican for dinner and the obligatory mustache just about sums up this year's Cinco celebration for us... 
Olé.
On that mustache talk- (the real topic of this post >>) if you follow me on Instagram, you're probably wondering why I haven't mentioned Juan's latest news on the blog. Not sure. I mustache you the same question? Ok, I'm done. You liked that transition though.

Over the past several months, my dream chasing husband has been hard at work getting himself involved in one of his many life long dreams. Juan is now in the United States Army and he left last week to begin his training. On Monday his phone was taken away. (We get three, one minute calls over the next few months. Thanks Army, really doing me a favor.) I'm not going to elaborate- but I can tell you that I am so proud of this determined man and soldier. Austin and I have been on top of our snail mail game, writing silly letters to remind daddy that there is an outside world waiting for him when he is done. 

His whole world is here waiting for him.
And for the record, Austin was the only Martinez man sporting a stach this week. Praise Jesus the army took that awful thing from Juan almost immediately. I guess I owe them one, after all.

3 comments:

  1. Omg he is just too cute. I hope you guys had a good Cinco de Mayo.

    --Me And My Mini Me
    www.meandmyminime.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so precious! So excited for your husbands new journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love my grand baby and his mustache days!
    Grandmommy

    ReplyDelete