Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Routine

A typical weekday for us has become pretty routine. Austin goes to morning school Monday through Friday from 8 to noon and I'd be pulling your leg if I told you that I am up and ready to kick the day's butt by the time he wakes up each morning. He has his own little internal alarm clock, and he has become mine as well. Usually I hear the first peeps out of him between 6:30 and 7 each morning... snooze button, please. After taking thirty eight selfies in the carline each morning, I greet his teachers in my flannels. They come and get him out of the car- practically begging me to stay cozy in my jams, yeah? I'm almost expecting the day someone asks me to step into the office for a second or I run out of gas and have to haul my flanneled butt up the side of the road.
 A bit of a porch revamp inspiration has tossed us into a new afternoon routine. We've added a few outdoor toys to Austin's collection, making sunny spring and summer playtime an absolute blast and a daily necessity to keep this stir crazy mama from flying fast off the handle. So with our slow progress on Austin's outdoor oasis, we've decided to squeeze in some time before afternoon nap to play outside. An hour of outdoor fun after getting home from morning school is the perfect amount of time for Austin to get his last bit of energy out before his nap.
After what's usually an hour and a half nap, we turn it over to snack time. Spring snacks have been so much fun to prepare, and it's even more fun to pretend the kid enjoys the festive setup as much as I do. Target has some adorable Spring plates in the dollar aisle and I've found that if you just plop some fruit into an Easter egg and add some color, you've got yourself a damn picnic.
After snack time, things tend to get switched up on a day to day basis. The late afternoons into early evenings are spent either running errands or visiting grandmommy. Naturally some evenings are better than others, and I count the days with one (or no) tantrums as a definite score.

Baths are daily for Austin. Being around kids all morning and then outside in the afternoon... we just can't skip baths over here. Besides, what kid doesn't love getting you drenched- along with the entire area of the bathroom- and bobbing for bubbles? And be still my pajama loving heart, there is nothing sweeter than a clean, pure baby in jammies ready to be tucked in. 


Goodnight! & TGIF. Almost. ;)

1 comment:

  1. And soon we'll spend hours in the pool, once summer arrives. I love Austin!
    Grandmommy

    ReplyDelete