Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Bedrooms and Nail Clippers

Over the past few weeks I've been feeling a bit creative. Nothing too crazy, just a moderate amount that I've recently noticed. Since leaving Jacksonville, I'd say my drive to craft and create has been, well, nonexistent. My thought process has been looking a bit like: Why am I even decorating this bedroom that isn't really mine? It would make things so much easier if I could use this giant ass (empty) gun cabinet taking up a fourth of my room as an extra closet- but it smells. Bad. And I should set up my scrapbooking station- but to do what? Document all of the pictures that I am not taking?

 I've slowly been crafting little projects for Austin's room, as well as adding piece by piece to the gallery wall in my own room. Basically the contents of Austin's entire bedroom are still in Jacksonville, so we are making do with what was already in the guest room. Luckily we had an extra crib already down here!
In addition to improving our bedrooms, I have also noticed this burst of innovation in my "gift giving." More specifically, in my "it's my husband's birthday- Father's Day is also coming up- and I'm not allowed to send our soldier diddly-squat- wait, you say nail clippers are allowed? Thank God. I'll send nail clippers" giving. You can bet Juan received some of the finest nail clippers for his 26th birthday. The man is for real about his nail clippers. We also sent some pens (per his request), cough drops, a few pictures, and a promise to celebrate soon. One of the pictures that I sent had our song typed on it- I was so proud that I then had it laminated and made an extra copy for myself! We first sang this song to Austin when he was in my belly. And one of my favorite memories is of Juan and I conga lining in and out of our kitchen, singing this song on repeat. Three month old Austin was in Juan's arms, soaking up every little bit of silly.
So it's now Father's Day and Juan's package has yet to be mailed. I was early with his birthday, so this was expected. I can't be on top of things on a regular basis, it's just not happening. No nail clippers this time, at least. Austin had a little Father's Day photoshoot at school, so we'll be including that in Juan's package, along with the sweetest painted baby feeties with the classic "Walk With Me, Daddy" poem, and a few pictures of Austin from our own photoshoot that also has yet to happen. Austin will be rocking this shirt. Perfect.


Happy Father's Day to all of the wonderful dads out there, including the two best grandpas that Austin could have asked for!!!

2 comments:

  1. That picture is so cute! And I'm loving his name over his crib!

    Mamaplusmini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is funny how you are sending your husband nail clippers. I am glad that you are doing your best to send him something, even if it is something small. The crib and wall design look great too- I like the blue and red color scheme! http://www.patriotedge.com/about

    ReplyDelete