Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Still Summer, Still Sassy

This past week I've been seeing hints of Fall all out alleluias for the return of PSLs and the dawn of cooler weather. Except. Fall weather won't be gracing us down here in south Florida until right around winter time- and only then will we be lucky enough to have a few days in the 50s. I'm all for a festive drink (hello, Starbucks White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha: Christmas in a Cup), but I can't stomach pumpkin and sipping on steaming gourd juice in the heat of Florida summer just doesn't do it for me. Yes, it's still summer here. Yes, it will be for a few more months. And yes, I'm a little bitter about it.

So for those of you enjoying your cool evenings and light sweaters, we'll be down here cooking eggs on the sidewalk and praying that our kids don't want to play outside after we've just straightened our hair.
Also on my radar lately: this kid's sass. The faces he makes kill me. He used to be a champ at cleaning up his toys after himself, and I know he does it every morning at school with no problem. But lately it's been a power struggle to get him to clean up before bedtime. He knows what I'm asking him to do. He knows that he will eventually do it. But from the moment when I initially tell him to put his legos away to when he actually does it, seems like a lifetime. And when he does finally start to pick up the legos one by one, his looks of contempt and complete sarcasm and sass that are plastered on his little round face just about send me into hysterics.

I really have no idea where he's picking it up, but I kind of love it. Almost as much as his cheese.

It's Thursday and that means we're already about to roll into another weekend. Already and all ready, right? 
Have a great weekend and Happy Fall September!

No comments:

Post a Comment