Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes

New to the blogging world, here I am! Better late than never, I guess.

As a mama to a freaking adorable Irish-Colombian (almost) 4 month old, a 100 pound feisty German Shepherd, and wife to 24 year old modern-day Peter Pan, (ex) frat boy, Juan, I decided I  MUST HAVE  some way to document all of our adventures. 
I have been obsessed with a handful of blogs that I have followed religiously for the past several months. Jealous! So without further ado, and with a bippity, boppity, boo- A Dream is a wish your heart fast typing, hoping they can keep up with your racing mind, fingers make! Did I mention I love Disney?


Let's backtrack. 
OUR STORY

Two crazy  greeklife college kids in love

Alpha Tau Omega Formal, Tybee Island



Delta Gamma Formal, Jacksonville Beach



Juan surprised me with this little rascal about 2 months before baby Austin came about. Duke was our first baby. Now, over a year later, he is about 100 pounds! Post on Dukiedoodle to follow.


First comes love, then comes a puppy marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage? Hah, yeah, that's not how it happened. Mommy and wife at 21? Bring it on.


Austin Grant Martinez was born on January 19th, 2013 at 4:02 pm.
9 pounds and 7 ounces.  22.5 inches. Big Boy!


 Austin's First St. Patty's Day! Kiss me- I'm Colombian Irish!




Between both of our crazy ideas of what married and parenting life is supposed to be like, we manage to make it work. Ideally, Juan will graduate Spring of 2014 and I will follow in the Fall of 2014. Until then, I am taking full time classes as an Education major, and Juan is taking his sweet time with his business double degrees. You may have wondered why a 24 year old hasn't graduated? I know, I know, grow up Peter Pan. Being from Colombia, Juan wasn't too familiar with the school system here in 'merica! So, he ended up applying late for college- and then coasting through at a  s l o w and steady pace. So, here I am, playing Wendy Darling to my three baby boys!




No comments:

Post a Comment